Saturday, June 17, 2006

Relaxing day...most of it anyway

Last night I went out with an old, old friend from school. We had a good time catching up, remembering old times (some I didn't and don't remember), and figuring out how we've changed. I think it's been at least 10 years since I'd seen him.

Today I spent the day with Ellin, going to yard sales, having philosophical discussions, and just hanging out. It was a very peaceful time mixed with a lot of fun. :) It was so peaceful in fact, that I'm exhausted! I'm pretty sure that part of that tiredness is due to the 5 hours of sleep (I had a lot on my mind) I got coupled with the fact that I mowed the lawn and trimmed everything when I got back. Once I get the ditches left by the Army truck filled in, my lawn will be very nice to look at. Oh, and that seed slicer I rented a few months back kicks ass! All of the bare spots are covered with nice, soft grass. :)

As nice and relaxing as today was, I'm probably going to undo it all by thinking too much (surprise, surprise) again. I'm not going to go into too much detail - I'm just going to say that I'm tired of being viewed at as a sex toy. Lately there have been offers dropping out of the sky and I'm sick of it. I am not good for just one thing. There's far more to me than my legs being spread. It's been a long time for me and I'm not going to just give it away because of that. I'm disgusted with men in general right now and I really wish somebody would let me know why it's ok for every guy to make a move on me because I'm single. It's not even like I have a kick ass body! In the grand scheme of things, it's a petty problem. No means No and if that doesn't work, I have a little persuasion that would make it mean No. But I have to wonder where this is coming from....which is the part that will undo all of the relaxing I did. :(

Maybe I should jump the wall behind my house and join the convent.

D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha, you think joining a convent will stop things? Ever hear of men's fantasies? You're cracking me up here tonight. Good conversation for Pennsylvania.