Friday, June 16, 2006

sigh...

I just received the news that I will *not* be getting my car back today as originally planned. I was looking forward to getting back into my car, although it's far from torture to drive around in an '06 Nissan Pathfinder. :)

I'm currently on the phone with the insurance company to see if they're going to extend the rental to cover the additional days needed (tomorrow is 30 days I've had the rental.) I'm not having a good feeling about this at all. :( The appraiser assured the dealership the rental wasn't going to be a problem. The appraiser returned my call and assured me the rental wasn't going to be a problem. The person in the claims office quite snippily informed me that the appraiser doesn't have the authorization to approve a rental past 30 days and immediately put me on hold to call the appraiser, who didn't answer the phone.

Luckily, while talking to the dealership, the Service Mgr. said that if the insurance company does back out of extending the rental, he could commit to picking it up for the extended time. Not for nothing, but I really don't feel like shelling out a couple of hundred dollars on a rental - none of this was my fault.

I've vented enough, I'm going back to work.....

D

No comments: