Monday, June 12, 2006

Team Building

I found out who cut my lawn, it was indeed my neighbor John. He said he was doing his own and figured he'd just keep on going since he knew I didn't have my lawn equipment back yet. I sent over a six pack as thanks. :)

Today we had our Team Building gathering. I'm not sure if any of you get to participate in such fun and exciting work gatherings or not. (Can you hear the sarcasm?) Anyway, it wasn't that bad, just hot and tiring since I was on the committee and had to help set everything up for it. And I got paid for drinking beer and eating ribs so now that I think of it that way, it wasn't bad at all!

Our division met at the VP's house. We hired a BBQ caterer, had tables and chairs delivered, and put up a few tents (let me tell you how good I am at that now!) We play silly games for silly prizes and everyone gets to walk around and mingle. I'm not sure I would say it was *fun* per se, but I could think of worse ways of spending my working time. :)

I still have so much cleaning to do and I have no desire at all to do it. I need a cleaning man I think. :)

My friend Ellin's birthday is Wednesday so I have to go shopping at some point for a gift for her. I've picked up a few things in my travels, but I want to get more. I also have to get some cool wrapping paper for Eek's huge gift. And pick up a gift for Glen, which will be easy - just hit the cigar store. :) I have birthday parties the next 2 weekends in a row - what fun! :)

For now, I'm going to go toss a coin and let that decide whether I do the dishes (heads) or relax on the deck with a beer and read a book (tails). I'm hoping for tails!!!

D

No comments: