Friday, June 1, 2007

observations...

So I said I was going to post an observation of the day a while back. Clearly I haven't been doing that. I'd like to think I'm still sharper than a spoon and observe things every day. Of course that's a matter of opinion - depends on who you talk to. :p What it comes down to is that I observe plenty, but unless I'm sitting here blogging, I usually forget about it. It goes into that dark, back corner of my mind only to see the light of day when it will cause me the maximum amount of embarrassment as useless trivia.

A friend of mine has recently become involved in a group whose purpose is to help people in their long term goals and day to day lives. I feel happy for my friend - it seems to be what my friend needs and/or wants. I've read a little bit about it and think it's great if one feels one needs it. I totally support my friend, but I really don't want to be involved in it other than by supporting my friend. It's just not for me.

Today I got a little bit of the shpeal. I don't know if that's how you spell that or even if it's a real word, but you know what I'm saying. I was told that it was hugely beneficial and that the value far outweighs the cost. I was invited to a meeting but I have plans for that day and time.

I told my friend that later on, since I had totally forgotten about it at the time. I was then asked if I would be interested in attending the 3 day version of the meeting. I claimed price was the stopper for me with that, which wasn't exactly the truth, but I didn't want to hurt my friend's feelings. Clearly this is important to my friend and I wouldn't want my friend to be insulted by my lack of interest.

I think the next time my friend brings it up, if my friend does, I'll be honest and say that I really don't feel the need nor do I have the interest in attending. I'm hoping that will go over well as, again, I totally support my friend but don't feel that it's for me.

Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case and I think it will permanently change a little something in our relationship - not so much for the better. I would like to think we're both adults and so it would be received in a good way but I feel deep down that won't be the case. I really truly hope I'm wrong.

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one and that just happens to be mine.

Man. Do you have any idea how hard it is to tell a story without indicating gender? Sheesh. If I had known that, I probably wouldn't have written it!

On the lighter side, today I observed that Freddie is quite the handsome boy. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :)

D

No comments: