Friday, June 1, 2007

oh my....

So I'm sitting here reading my mail, trying to wake up when Freddie brings me a ball. I toss it into the kitchen so he can fetch it (the boy lives for chasing balls) when all of a sudden Tweak goes bombing off the couch and beats him to the ball! He was *not* expecting that, let me tell you. His face was priceless! And they say dogs don't have expressions. Look at my little girl grow. :)

I did indeed open the pool Tuesday. Dad came over to help me take the cover off and I set up all the pump stuff. Clearly I did it wrong though as the water started bubbling up out of the skimmer instead of going into the pool. :p I called the pool place and they walked me through how it *should* be set up but that didn't help since that's how I had it set up. I stopped at the store on the way home the next day and looked at how the store display was configured. The hose from the skimmer doesn't go into the filter like they said, it goes in to the pump. BIG difference! Ah well, at least it's right now.

I added a few gallons of shock, got the rest of the leaves out, and brushed the liner. I'll give it a few days and then test the water. It just figures tho', I open the pool and it's supposed to rain for 10 days. Great.

Tweak is growing like a weed. I don't know when it happened, but she's a few inches taller than Pacie now - probably between 16 - 18 inches at the whithers. Her fur is starting to grow longer too. It's parting down the middle of her back, sleek and smooth. I know I'm biased but damn she's a good looking dog. :)

Her training has been going well too. She had lots of small sessions while at camp. The one thing she really has no interest in is not pulling on the leash. We'll be working on that this weekend though. I refuse to have another shoulder surgery because my dog didn't feel like walking next to me. That ain't happening.

I have a ton of homework to catch up on this weekend. I also have a graduation thing to go to on Sunday. Other than that, I'll be here cleaning and cutting wood. I have to find a place to put all of the firepit wood. It's in the way where it is.

Ok, time for work. Yay.

D

No comments: