Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh yeah...

See? I can't blog for two weeks and you're stuck with a slightly shorter than War & Peace blog posting. :p

I got the best compliment today! A co-worker and I were at my computer working when I shrunk all of my programs, revealing my desktop wallpaper of that pretty petunia picture I took. (when I figure out how to upload pics greater than 96kb, I'll post it)

She loved the photo and wanted to see more. (I'm not even kidding...) I showed her some of my favorites, which she enjoyed. It was a little ego boost and a great way to end a meeting. :)

Come to find out, she called the person who runs our employee spotlight art area and nominated my pictures for it! How freakin' cool is that?!

I'll find out next week when I get back what the next steps are. I'm thrilled. :)

Switching gears...

I love Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. Actually I love him as anything, savvy? ;) I also love the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I haven't seen the third one yet but I will as soon as I can buy it on DVD.

However, is there really a need to have a reality show to find the best pirate? I think not.

Didn't reality shows jump the shark way, way back on Big Brother 25? Is reality TV the only way we can find the best chef, pirate, and weight loss winner? Again, I think not.

D

No comments: