Monday, July 23, 2007

we're baa-aack

Freddie, Tweak, & I pulled into the driveway around 12:30am Sunday night/Monday morning - depending on your viewpoint.

To say that we were tired is an understatement to say the absolute least.

Here's a breakdown of our activity:

Friday
We arrived at the hotel in PA around 6'ish. I unloaded, took a long walk with the kids, and then went out to dinner with fellow flyball fanatics. I learned I'm not the only one in flyball who is crazy, crude & enjoys imbibing in a dark beer or two. :)

Saturday
We were up at o'dark stupid getting ready for the tourney and grabbing breakfast at Denny's. I've only been there twice in my life and both times were at PA tourneys. They have really good grits. :)

Freddie raced on one team, I called passes for our other team, and I ran a dog on another team. Talk about tired. :p

NET let me run one of their dogs to both help them out and get some experience running a faster dog. The difference between running Freddie and running a Border Collie is akin to a gentle spring rain compared to a tsunami. Ho-ly Shit. That pretty much sums it up right there.

Oh, but I did get a .000 start time. Beginners luck I'm sure, but boy was I pretty thrilled on that one. A perfect start. Amazing.

Vince, Nancy, & Donna came to watch for a bit on Saturday. I wasn't able to hang out exclusively with them for any decent length of time but they enjoyed the racing while I was busy. We went out to dinner afterwards to a place that was reported to have good food. It was....interesting. The food tho', was phenomenal! We were so totally shocked, but thankful. :)

We let Tweak, Gotcha, and Jigger play together Saturday night for a while. Watching puppies play is fun, until you become part of the play. I have the bruises to prove it. :)

Sunday
Again up at o'dark stupid to pack up the car and meet everyone for breakfast at the diner next door. I noticed that on these weekends, I *crave* carbs. Pancakes, hashbrowns, toast, anything rich in carbs.

Another day of racing for my team and helping NET. We finally finished up around 4:30 or so. I didn't stay for the awards as the drive back was pretty long.

Thankfully I have a couple of night owl friends that were happy to chat with me on the ride back and keep me awake!

Lessons Learned:

Although Jo looks innocent, she ain't. :p
That team is a boatload of fun.
I'm even more stupidly addicted to flyball now that I've run a stupidly fast dog.
Running on 3 teams is suicidal.
Bruises that occur because of flyball are like trophies.
A 7 hour drive home after a weekend like that is just plain dumb.

There was a quote for the weekend but I forgot it. Jo do you remember it? If you do, leave it as a comment. :)

D

No comments: