Saturday, July 28, 2007

a Saturday wth nothing to do

That hasn't happened in a while so I think I'm going to enjoy it!

It's supposed to rain today - it's in the mid-80's and very humid. Right now there's a decent breeze coming in through the window, sweeping across my sticky skin. I'm pretty sure this is perfect nap weather. ;)

Millie is on the couch with me devouring a bone. The kids are in their crates for now - I wanted to give the cats a little one-on-one time before Tweak came out and harassed them.

Yesterday I left work early so I could go to the concert. But first I took a dip in the pool and spent far more time in it than I was planning on it. A friend stopped by and we talked while hanging out in the water. It was very relaxing. :)

I picked up Jay and off we went. We hit some traffic and decided we should stop and eat before we got to the show. We stopped and had a burger and a beer.

They actually had good beer there! We were both pleasantly surprised and simultaneously disgusted at the price. They only charge that much because they can, and we, foolishly, fed into it. It was good to have a Magic Hat tho'.

We got there too late to see all of the bands, which was ok by me. We did manage to see one of the opening bands - Atreyu. They had good music, but I wasn't so much into the screaming lead vocals. The drummer was the back up vocalist and he had a great voice. I would've preferred him to sing all of the songs.

We went to get another beer when they were done. Low and behold we saw Sarah there, supervising the beer vendors. It was a really cool surprise! We hung out talking to her for a while.

Evanescence came on stage after that. They were great, performing songs from both albums, all of which I knew. I was kind of surprised they ended on the song that they did tho'. I would've thought they would end with a really popular song, y'know, leave the audience wanting more kind of song. They were still great tho'.

Korn came on afterwards and I was so damn excited! I haven't seen them in about 10 years or so - back when they played an all ages show at Avalon in Boston. Back when they could play Avalon, now they're just too big.

They did a good mix of old stuff and new stuff. The only unfortunate part being that the new album just came out and I haven't had a chance to get it yet! So now I just have to go get it. :)

The thing I love about seeing live music is watching the musicians play their instruments. I am a big fan of Fieldy and it thrilled me to no end when I got to see him play close up (via the screens when they focused on him.) I love seeing how they become one with their instruments during a song. All of the emotion, all of the feeling, all of them can be seen when their just playing their instruments.

All in all it was a very, very good day and is just another to add to my string of content days. :)

No comments: