Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Caring...

I need to learn how to not care about stuff.

It's one of my biggest downfalls in some situations and one of my highest accolades in others. Maybe I should buy one of those stop sweating the small stuff books or something.

Or maybe if I go rub up against a really self-centered the-world-revolves-around-me person it will rub off.

How do people shut it off? How do you say "I don't care" and really, truly mean it? There are sooooo many things I can do that for; just not work. And I really, really need to.

But if I'm going to keep my sanity in this place to earn a living, I need to stop caring.

I'm having a really bad day at work and it's only 10am.

The only thing that could make this day better would be to end it at the dentist's office or something.

Oh wait. I do have a dentist appt. today.

Excellent.

D

1 comment:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Perhaps it is better to care too much than to care too little.