Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm an aunt!

I *finally* got permission from my sister to be able to rave about this! You have no idea how hard it is to keep it a secret when all you want to do is shout it from the rooftops.

My sister is due to have her first child December 27th. She's not thrilled about the due date but I told her she could just go 2 weeks late and then the kid would have the same birthday as me. :p For some reason she's not so keen on that idea. Go figure.

I think my sister's life is about to get interesting. I'm also pretty sure that's the understatement of the year...

I'm thrilled! I am an aunt now but my nephew lives far away so I never get to see him. At least this kid will know who his aunt is. I think Nicholas is of the age where he can remember me after a couple of years of not seeing me. It sucks that he lives so far away.

In the meantime, I'll be "Aunty John" to Zeke and Max and spoil them ridiculously. :) I got permission for my latest gift the other day - a Mentos rocket launcher. I can't freakin' wait for him to play with that one! I'm getting lots of refills of Mentos and tonic. Man is that gonna be fun!

D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hooo, Auntie Dawn - That's so exciting ! Congrats to you AND your sis.

Eastcoastdweller said...

I have one aunt whom I love dearly -- a laughing, loving teddy bear of a Lady.

I have another aunt who is snappy, snarly, surly and borderline neurotic.

I know, of course, that You will be like the first one.