Wednesday, June 11, 2008

what day is it?

I know the calendar says it's Wednesday but I'm still spinning like a top. I'm certainly *not* complaining since I like hump day - it means the week is almost over. On the other hand, it means I have far less time to catch up on homework than I thought I had. Seclusion city, here I come.

I started pumping out the pool yesterday. The cover collapsed in over the winter after one of the 4ft of snow storms we had. It isn't all the way in the pool, just half way - but it was enough for the water to turn a glorious swamp green when the sun started coming out on a regular basis. I prefer swimming in see-through water so I'm pumping out the majority of non-see-through water. I have to leave a couple thousand gallons in so it won't collapse but it'll get nice and diluted when I add 10k gallons of clean water.

Of course, as is always my luck, I'll get the pool completely set up and ready this weekend and the temperature will drop 20 degrees rendering the pool unusable for anyone but a penguin.

My Border Collie that *hates* water went swimming (kinda) yesterday. I usually just about have to drag her into the kiddie pool to cool her off. A couple of weeks back (at dog camp) she jumped in the pool herself and proceeded to shock the shit out of me by lying down in it. This was after about an hour of disc flips for the camera. Anyway, I brought the kiddie pool out from under the deck yesterday (a place it will no longer reside during winter due to the sheer explosion of spiders that erupted from it), cleaned it out, scrubbed it down, and started to fill it with water.

One of Tweak's favorite games is trying to catch the water coming out of the hose at jet speed. So I usually tease the hell out of her with it. :) I started teasing her with it and the next thing I knew she was standing in the pool waiting for the hose to come to her. The important thing to note is that there was water in the pool - not an inch of water either, more like a foot of water. I told her to lie down to see what she'd do and she actually did it - she lied down in the pool again.

I'm excited about that because once she starts racing, it'll be important for her to cool down during the summer and that's the best way to do it.

I had an idea about the business that has me a little excited. It would be a freebie thing to give away when people ordered something. I'm still chewing on it but I see potential. :)

I suppose I should go work....sigh.

D

No comments: