Monday, June 23, 2008

Not *even* kidding....

I couldn't be more serious when I say I'm really not even kidding a little bit when I write that Millie got skunked in the face yet again tonight.

I've lived here 4 years now and this year is the year of the skunk it seems. I haven't even seen, heard or smelled a skunk in this area before this year. I don't know how they're getting in the fence but I really, really wish they'd knock it the fuck off.

Can you even imagine how less than pleased I am about waiting for the dog in the tub to dry before going to bed? I'm having about as much fun as a cat in a pool right now.

Millie came up to the screen door foaming at the mouth. I seriously wondered if that's what it looks like when they get rabies and whether or not she was 'safe". Then I saw the stuff dripping out of her nose, her eyes watering (pouring would be a more accurate term) and she was doing the "there's-something-in-my-mouth-and-I-want-it-out" thing that all dogs do.

I own dogs why?

This was after Tweak and I spent a fair amount of time down the park, in the rain, trying to figure out how to put a freestyle routine together. I totally forgot they were doing novice freestyle in addition to toss & fetch this weekend. I spent all day glued to my iPod trying to pick a song. I finally did and it wasn't really because of the music or how it flowed as much as the name of the song and what it was about. I'm hoping to video tape it this weekend so I can toss it up on YouTube. After all, it's good to make people laugh.

You would think that the youngest dog - the one with the least amount of knowledge and experience when it came to skunks - would be the one to get smack dab in the face by a skunk instead of the almost 11 year old dog who's done it more times than I can remember.

I know they don't generalize well but c'mon! It's not like skunks come in different colors or have different markings!

Sheesh.

D

1 comment:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Perhaps dogs are the eternal optimists, holding out hope each time they meet a fluffy little skunk that this one won't spray em.