Thursday, June 5, 2008

on the road again... again...

Or should it be on the road again, again, again? I'm not really sure at this point. I'm guessing my little brain is going to a sound similar to an electrical system shorting out soon.

I am packed, the dogs are packed, the car is packed, I just need to shower and hit the road. Not too shabby. :)

I got a call from my cousin Danny this morning, which really threw me for a loop. He found out about my grandfather the other day and went to visit him in the hospital. That was really nice of him. Considering he sees my grandparents maybe once or twice a year, I was impressed.

I'm sure all of my cousins love my grandparents. I just wish they would pay more attention to them. Sure it's great that they're rallying now. But what about the last 10 years?

I guess I should ignore the fact that they're coming to the party sooooooo freakin' late and instead applaud the fact that they came at all. I should, but I probably won't. I think it's sucky and I currently don't feel the need to excuse bad behavior. Fuck them.

Anyway, so the kids and I are heading to Caledonia, ON Canada. It takes about 9 hours to get there, probably more since we'll have to stop for fuel more often. I don't even want to guess what it's going to cost us this year in fuel. Yikes.

At .70/min for the international rate, I will not be blogging this weekend at all! Have a good one and take care of my grandparents while I'm gone...

D

No comments: