Thursday, June 12, 2008

Poop colored glasses...

Most of the time I like to look at the world through rosed colored glasses. Heck, I even *own* and *wear* a pair of rose colored glasses. They're pretty cute too. :)

There are days, however, when I sit back after a conversation and say to myself "Seriously. Did that just happen? Did they *really* just say that out loud in public?" I'm sure I am just as guilty as everyone else at that but the cynical side of me is having a field day today. Today I'm looking through poop colored glasses.

The amount of idiocy that surrounds each of us on a daily basis literally boggles the mind. My mind just can't wrap itself around the knowledge. I think it's in denial and quite frankly, I'm not sure I want to make it move. Denial is a nice place to visit sometimes.

I almost want to jot down alllllll the little things that make me do a double take during the day and create a show using Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck" skit. I'll name my "Shazam! You're stupid!" instead.

For example: Overheard at Dunkin Donuts this morning -

Customer: Can I have a Medium Iced coffee with cream and 2 sugars.
DD employee: You want cream in that?

Shazam! You're stupid!

I know I can be a judgmental person. I try not to be but I fail pretty frequently. It's a failing that I know about and continuously work on.

It drives me absolutely batty when stupid shit happens. There is so much freakin' irony in the world that makes me stop and question what hand basket I'm in that my head spins sometimes. My father notices these things too and he laughs. I laugh at first and then worry about where the world is going to be in 50 years. Hopefully I'll be dead and it will be a non-issue for me.

My Dad told me about an email he got in response to one he sent. He asked a co-worker to let him know asap when something came in. He received an email shortly afterwards stating he would as soon as his computer was up and running.

Shazam! You're stupid!

He tells me these things to see what kind of reaction I have. I, of course, ask how he was able to send the email if his computer wasn't up and running. That was my Dad's question too, which made him laugh at the idiocy of the entire situation.

I personally wonder what other substantive contributions that Einstein offers to society.

And before you play devil's advocate or suggest he might have been using a different computer, he wasn't. Dad checked.

And just to show you I'm not immune, I had a conversation with Susan yesterday. I mentioned that I bought a book on going green. I just happened to mention this while I was filling my pool. She said if I wanted to go green, I should put the water back. She's got a point...

Shazam! I'm stupid!

D

No comments: