Tuesday, February 13, 2007

lots o' white stuff

I heard it was going to snow. I thought that it was going to happen tonight so I put the news on this morning so I could see what's going on. I think I'm in the 8" - 18" area, which pretty much means I'll be working from home tomorrow.

Now before y'all think I'm a big wimp or something, let me give you my thought process. No matter how much snow we get, my morning commute is going to suck. That's a fact - no way around that. So, it'll take me between 1 hr and 1 1/2 hr to drive to work. That's after the 1/2 hr - 1 hr it'll take me to shovel the driveway. Best case, it'll take me an additional hr in the morning. Then, I'll have to deal with the evening commute. In the past I've sucked it up and gone into work on those kinds of days. However, the evening commute *sucks*. Big time. Go search through this blog, you're bound to find me bitching about a few 2 -3 hr evening commute home.

Again, using the best case scenario, we're talking 3 1/2 hrs to get to, and from, work. Why would I do that, put myself through all of that when I can spend those 3 1/2 hrs working from home? Then I only have to worry about working my 8 hours instead of my day turning into a 12 hour day because of driving? My time is worth more than that. :)

So, I'll be working from home tomorrow - most likely.

Cool! They just said taking naps are good for your heart. I'll need to print that out and show my QWL director. :)

'k, gotta go.

D

No comments: