Sunday, February 25, 2007

today

Today was my grandfather's wake. Do I say it went well? I mean, what the hell do you say for that? It was a lot of sitting around, a lot of hand shaking. I was ok the whole time, except for when his VFW friends came and did their ceremony. I lost it then. Which just makes me think tomorrow is going to be pretty hard. Funerals are always sad (they make my sister hungry...?), but when you add the patriotic stuff, that just kills me.

I was able to see people I haven't seen since I was a child. I met a few new people as well. I'd like to be able to keep in touch with this side of my family, now that I have a means to do so. I did think it would bigger though. Apparently those Irish aren't all that much into procreation. ;) But the name is passed on through my nephew so thankfully I'm off the hook!

I'm going to bed, tomorrow is going to suck.

D

No comments: