Sunday, February 4, 2007

relaxing Sunday...

We woke up at 10:30am. I haven't done that in years and years!! But we were both tired enough apparently.

After showering, we went out for breakfast at the little place down the street. I really had a hankering for the multi-grain pancakes at iHop, but the wait was far too long. The breakfast was really good though so no complaints. :)

Afterwards, we did a bit of shopping - got some clothing from the Gap for her niece and nephews. There isn't a Gap in Perth but they are aware of the brand name so it's a cool thing for them to get. We hit a few other stores, including the supermarket. We went down the international food aisle so she could explain what the various spices and sauces, commonly used in Asian cooking, were (She lives in Australia but is of Malaysian descent.) I bought a few things that I'll experiment with in my next stir fry. While there, we picked up a few dessert goodies for the Superbowl party tonight - a cheesecake sampler and a peanut butter ice cream pie. I can't wait for dessert! :)

Mag wanted a lot of relaxing time on this trip and she reminded me that we hadn't done enough of it while we were leaving Best Buy. ;) So we've been on the couch, idly checking mail and surfing the web while watching V for Vendetta. She hasn't seen it before and I absolutely adore the movie. If you haven't seen it, I *highly* recommend it.

The movie is almost over and we'll be heading over to Mary's afterwards in just a bit. We'll have a great time watching the game, talking shit, making fun of each other, and eating lots of delicious food with even more delicious beer. :)

This trip, we've been talking about starting a business together. Perth is not so up to speed in some things as the US is. We're talking about how to capture that and start something that can grow over the years as they catch up. It's an opportunity that I'm very excited about and can't wait to start! Hopefully we'll be able to get all of the details figured out within the next couple of months. We both have some research to do with regards to starting an international company. We don't know if it has to be international since it will be based in Perth, but where I'll be part owner, it might. We'll see.

I'm sad that we only have tomorrow left. I wish her vacation was longer, or I could spend some time with her in Colorado, her next destination. But, it is what it is, and it probably allows me to value our time together and our friendship that much more. We've spoken about meeting up in Ireland or the UK and having a vacation together. I told her we need to get our business profitable first so that we can do that and have it be a business expense. ;)

My life seems to be heading in unforeseen directions lately.

It will be the year of the boar soon. An auspicious time for a person born in the year of the boar.

I was born in the year of the Boar.

D

No comments: