Thursday, February 15, 2007

snow

My fascination with long driveways has been cured. Clearly the people planning these things have never had to shovel them before. And it only took me 2 1/2 hours while singing "I've been working on the railroad" in my head. Unfortunately, I only know the first verse. It's tough when you sound like a broken record to yourself. :p

Guess who's going to need a reallllly hot bath tonight. :}

My friend Ellin alwasy gets excited when she hears it's going to snow. She says it looks so pretty. She laughs at me because I groan when she says it - and she says it everytime. I then say to her that I would think the exact same way about snow if I didn't have to leave the house for days on end, didn't have to deal with the traffic it causes for the next few days, didn't have to do all the shoveling by myself! Heck, I'd love it when it snowed if I worked from home *all* the time and could sit in front of my fireplace, gazing at the beautiful snowflakes as they fell. I'd also love it if my husband came home and then cleared the entire driveway, walkway, and my car. I'd love it if I didn't have to leave the house for a week and just not deal with it. :)

I can appreciate the beauty of snow falling while sitting on the couch all nice and warm. Really, I can. I did it yesterday quite nicely! I can appreciate the beauty, my back can't.

So now it's time to jump in the shower and get my shit together for work. Because I'm going in so late, I'll have to work late. *sigh* Them's the breaks.

D

p.s. - We had thundersnow last night, did any of you?

No comments: