Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yawn! *stretch*

Did you know 100% maple syrup is a good source of calcium, potassium, and magnesium? Neither did I until 5 minutes ago. The things you learn. Educational TV rocks!

Tonight I'm going to bitch about work for a bit. But first I have to share a comment I overheard today at Dunkin Donuts. Some kids (in their 20's) were walking out behind me and were parked a few cars away. As I was getting into my car, I heard one kid say to the other, "Now that's a red-headed MILF if I've ever seen one." I've never been called a MILF before! lol (Google it if you don't get it.) Well, not that I know of. It's extra special considering I don't have kids! I'll take that as a compliment thank-you-very-much. :)

Two things about work: First, I'm not supposed to blog about it. Apparently I need to carry my professionalism across to my personal blogging - something I found out today. We have this online forum where you can anonymously ask questions and receive answers by the resident expert. Today's topic was personal blogging.

Now, I'm of two minds about this. First, I can *kinda* understand where they're coming from. I mean, I could add all sorts of meta tags into my blog referencing the company so it ranked higher in searching. I could be a disgruntled employee, complaining about how poorly I was treated, and in wanting to get back at them could blog lots of lies. I'm not, but I could be.

Even then, however, I really don't agree with any "policy" squashing my voice. I'm pretty sure there's an amendment out there safeguarding that right. They're not coming right out and saying "you can't", they're instead saying "you can, but always be aware of the corporate image you're portraying."

But I'm not at work. This is MY blog. Not my blog at my company. I shouldn't have to edit anything because I work for a certain company. I'm professional at work - that should be enough. I'm not doing any illegal, I'm voicing my thoughts. Do I need a disclaimer above every posting now?

"The opinions given are Dawn's alone and do not reflect the opinion of blah-blah-blah company."

Fuck that dude.

So, I'll blog about what I want, how I want, without edit. I just won't mention my company's name. I've removed all reference from them on my site as well. That's what you get when you work for *** ***** *********** I suppose. :p

The second thing I'm gonna bitch about is the lack o' shit I'm getting done. I looked at my To Do list and realized there are far less done things then things to do. And people keep throwing all these little shit things at me, like I have the time. "Well it'll only take you 5 minutes and it would take me 3 hours!" Well, then, go take the 3 freakin' hours and do it! Ugh.

In an attempt to help, my boss has designated tomorrow as "little shit" day. No main project work, just all of those little nit picky things that make my To Do list look like Paris Hilton's 'who I've shagged' list.

D

No comments: