Friday, March 16, 2007

New England weather

Having never lived in any other part of the country for more than 6 months, I wonder if New England weather is unique. The saying around these parts is "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes, it'll change." We were up to 70 degrees 2 days ago. 45 degrees and rain yesterday. Today it's 28 and is going to snow. Then it'll switch over to sleet and rain after it dumps a foot of the white stuff and go back up to the mid-40's. That's not as severe as the time we got the foot and a half of snow on April 1st, only to have sun and 70 degrees the next day, which melted all of the snow. You get the point.

I don't think I had anything planned on Saturday, which is just as well since it looks like I'll be a shoveling fool tonight.

I think I was supposed to meet Cathy for drinks tonight too. I'm thinking she'll want to reschedule, which is cool by me since I'm planning on taking off early and finishing the day from home so I can avoid another hellish commute.

I soooo need to get my hair done. My roots are now inches long and all of my gray hair stands out well against the darkness of it. I actually don't mind my grays at all. I wish there was a way to not color them so I'd have red and white hair - that would be cool. I'm still hoping I get one of those bride of Frankenstein white patches tho'. I'll definitely leave that be and have a white streak through not-naturally-seen-in-nature red hair. :p

Millie is lying next to me, much to the chagrin of the Pins since that's their spot. The cute part is that Captain (the cat) is lying right next to her, with his head resting on her face. Every once in a while he gives her kisses. :) A little backwards but it works!

D

No comments: