Monday, March 5, 2007

weekend, insanity, and sooooo sick

We had a flyball tournament this weekend up at All Dogs Gym. I really thought it was going to be far worse than it ended up being with as many teams and races as there were. I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Racing was good, conversation was good, socializing was good - it was all good. :) Rob usually sends out an email, summarizing our funny conversations and interesting factoids learned during the down time. It might take a few days, but I can't wait to read it. :)

Joanne from NET came by to visit and I found out she has a litter of puppies available. This is where the insanity portion of the blog starts - I'm thinking of getting a puppy. I've been tossing the idea around for a little bit but haven't told anyone. It just kinda clicked when she mentioned it. So, I might be getting a puppy. :)

A Border Collie puppy at that. I'm pretty sure I said I'd never own a Border Collie - ever. Looks like I lied. :) I thought about it a lot Saturday night and I was getting more and more excited about the prospect. I even have names picked out - a call name and a registered name.

I know, I know. I'm insane.

Last night, while talking to *T* on the phone, I got hit with a surprise. Food poisoning. I won't go into all of the gory, disgusting details, but suffice it to say it was a very tough time from about 6pm to 6am this morning. I was in bed at 8pm and got up every 2 hours. I was so cold I slept in my clothes, added a sweatshirt, and kept my socks on - something I *NEVER* sleep with on. I hate having socks on while sleeping. It hit Holly & Rob too, so we think it was the chili. :(

So, I'm working from home today. Feeling *very* sensitive, *very* tired, and *very* beat up. Oh, and my voice is absolutely shot, but I'm not sure if that's from all the yelling this weekend or from getting so sick. Probably both - I'm not very understandable on the phone. :)

Well, it's taken me about 4 1/2 hours to get this typed up so it's time for me to go. The work interruptions are too frequent. I think I've forgotten a thing or two, but I'll come back later if I remember them.

D

No comments: