Saturday, March 24, 2007

stuff, stuff, and more stuff

Had drinks and pizza with the girls last night at Flatbreads. Lots of laughs, like always. :) Lots of beer too. ;)

The kids had me up at 8am this morning. I still had beer brain so when I jumped on the computer and got bombarded by IMs, I was a little slow in figuring out which conversation was what. Eh. That's what they get for pinging me when I first wake up. :)

Talked to *T* last night. He was just getting home from Toronto. I am invited to attend the 3rd annual ACSLNE championships next weekend. Some day I'll go into details, but I'm tellin' ya, you won't believe what that is. The problem is, the April Fool's tournament is the same day, at the same time. I haven't committed to either of them, so I'm free to do what I want - I just don't know what that is. I'll figure it out.

I had brunch today with Terrie and her husband, Scottie. It was good that I finally got a chance to meet him. We went to this Turkish place in Nashua. I have no idea how authentic it is, but it was pretty darn good! I think I ate Lamb, but I don't know for sure. I really just didn't want to know, actually. :p I think the name of it was Seven Hills. It was a really tiny place tho' - 3 tables and a bar. I'd go back again. :)

After that, I cam home and before it got all cloudy, weeded the garden. Some of the crocuses didn't quite make it through the last snow fall...the rest were ok. Somebody has to figure out a way to make humans as stubborn as weeds. People wouldn't be dying of cancer and aids then. Damn weeds.

I have some homework due today, which I'll do after this, and before I leave for Waltham. I'm hoping setting the place up will go nice and easy. :) My back is a little sore so no heavy stuff for me.

I found out Mario got into a car accident on the way to work yesterday. He was rear-ended by an 18 wheeler on the highway. Thankfully nobody was hurt, but his car is all "macked up" in the back. Somebody decided to go from the middle lane to an exit, cutting Mario off in the process. He didn't slam on his brakes, but he slowed down so he wouldn't hit the asshole. I guess the truck just couldn't stop and hit Mario. His back and shoulder are sore, but other than that he's fine.

Tomorrow Donna and I (and whoever else wants to come!) are heading up to see the puppies!! I'm charging my batteries even though Donna's bringing her camera.

To answer Kim's comment questions, I don't get to choose which puppy I get. I only know I'm getting a female. The breeder and her teammate are keeping 3 of the females so I get the one they don't want. I'm way ok with that since they'll pick the ones with the most drive, and I want the laziest one. :p I will rename her and I do have a name picked out, but we'll see if it sticks. :) Her registered name will be Hilltop's High on Life and her call name will be Tweak, or T for short. I'm sure she'll be crazy enough to fit the name. :) We'll see - that's the preliminary plan. :)

Stuart is visiting for the week. His dad is going on vacation and I'm dog sitting until next Saturday. You never see Chocolate Min Pins ever, so to have 3 of them is quite the treat. I took a pic so I'll post it.

Ok, on to homework so I can get out of here on time.


No comments: