Monday, April 2, 2007

day one

It was a whirlwind! Which is good since that's part of the flyball team name. :)

The puppy did well in the crate during the day. I worked 1/2 a day, came home, and started playing with and training the puppy in between her naps.

First, let me say that if you don't want to hear about puppy stuff, you might want to stop reading my blog. :) I think I'll still be able to talk about other aspects of my life... I think. :p Probably not too much tho'.

Let's see, we had an attention exercise session with the clicker, then I rolled the ball and had her fetch it for the tug reward. Then we had a little grooming session, she got her nails trimmed and her fur brushed - rewarding with food for calm, accepting behavior. Then we just tugged for the fun of tugging. Then she had a little nap. When she woke up, we did potty outside (yay!) and then repeated the same sessions - switching out the grooming for collar work. I switched on the attention getting exercise for a session of come and then a session for sit. We did these for 5-10 minutes every 2 hours or so.

She had 2 accidents in the house, although I can't blame her for the diarrhea. She's had a stressful time being removed from her home and siblings, getting used to a new house and a new routine. It's very common for stress to hit their stomach. :) She should be fine in a day or so - hopefully. :)

Well, somebody just woke up from her nap and is calmly looking at me through the crate door so it's time to take her out while she's still calm and quiet. :)

She'll potty, we'll play, then it's bed time. A hugely successful day!

D

No comments: