Monday, April 16, 2007

wet

Today was the day of being wet. I woke up thinking, 'I didn't know my alarm clock had a waterfall sound.' Guess what.....it doesn't. What I heard was the wonderful sound of water streaming into the sump pump hole, which was already filled with water.

Yay.

So I spent the first couple of hours being awake moving things around in the basement so they wouldn't get wet. Bunch of fun. While I worked, the amount of water increased. Needless to say, I worked from home today, squeegy'ing the rivulets towards the sump pump holes every 1/2 hour to an hour. I don't even know if rivulets is a word, but it sounds like it would fit in that sentence so I'm keeping it. :)

That was my day, in a nutshell. Moving water, listening to the sump pumps go off every 3 minutes, and working the rest of the time.

I started working with Tweak on spinning in a circle. It's a good way for the dog to learn, and get used to, having their body in a tight turn. It helps build a great swimmers turn and it's a pretty cool trick to boot. :) Since I'm not sure which way is her dominant, or natural, turn (I'll explain that later), I'm having her spin both ways. I haven't put a hand signal or voice command on it yet, that happens when she is a little more consistent with it.

In other news, both *T*s are no longer prospects and I am again ready for a break from dating!! I'd rather put the time and energy into Tweak and the upcoming house projects I have planned.
Tomorrow is tax day. No more putting it off, I have to pay my taxes. Sigh. I can see a few drinks in my future.

It's late, I'm tired, and it's time for bed.

D

No comments: