Thursday, July 6, 2006

appts and small rant

For some reason, all of the appts. I've had the last couple of weeks have been rescheduled. I can't seem to go to any of them! The appt. I had yesterday was moved to Monday, which was moved from last Wed. I still haven't been able to get together with the landscaper guy about the patio - he never called me back on Monday and I still haven't heard from him. It's starting to get frustrating!

Ask me how much cleaning I got done yesterday. None. Ask me why. Because I broke my own rule to not pick up a L.K.H. book. Yup, I can't even follow my own rules. ;) So, how many books have I read since I bought them? That would be 4. I'm on the 5th and have 5 more to go. Pathetic!

I read the following article this morning and I'm disgusted. Just leave them alone! They haven't hurt anyone; the "sanctity of marriage" was trashed well before gay and lesbians were "allowed" to marry - and it sickens me that I have to use the word "allowed". We did it by not honoring the vows taken, by feeding into the throw-away mentality our society has, by treating marriage as an expensive party. These are people we're talking about! It's been years now and we haven't imploded so back off for pete's sake. (btw, who's pete?)

I'm not saying that people that are no longer happy together shouldn't divorce. I'm not saying that at all. I think if the relationship no longer suits the people involved, it should be dissolved. Maybe it's easy for me to say, having never been married. If so, oh well! Get over it and leave the people who do want to get married alone. I don't care what color they are, what religious beliefs they have, where their sexual orientation lies, or any other aspect people choose to pick on. Society shouldn't care either. They're happy. They're in love. Leave them be.

D

No comments: