Monday, July 3, 2006

weirdo dream...

I left work early, as planned, and did a few errands on the way home - stopped to pick up Susan & Phil's baby shower gift, picked up more hair elastics (I lose them all the time), dropped 100 bucks at Barnes & Noble on Laurell K. Hamilton books (Thanks Kate.... no really. Thanks.), and then stopped for lunch at the place down the street. All in all it was a good day. :)

When I came home, I puttered around for a bit, filled the dogs pool, and then crashed on the couch - it was h.o.t. I decided to cool off in the only room that currently has AC - the bedroom. I started reading a book and the next thing I knew, it was 2 hours later, I was waking up, and all of the dogs were all cuddled around me napping. :)

I had a weird dream while I (apparently) napped. I don't remember it very clearly, but I woke up with such a profound sense of loss and a deep sadness. Since I didn't lose anything in my dream (from what I remember, it was a good dream), I'm having a hard time figuring out what it was all about. Usually I can pinpoint where certain aspects of my dreams come from - thoughts I've had, conversations that have taken place, things I've done, etc., etc. I can figure out one thing - there was a Nissan in the dream that I thought was like my car and that was because my 5 week rental was a Nissan Pathfinder. Everything else though, I'm stumped.

Right now I feel a little melancholy and I have a nagging sense of loss - like I misplaced something or like that feeling you get when you leave the house and you think you've forgotten something. I'm not really sure what to do about it and (believe it or not) I'm not in the mood to over-analyze it so I think I'm going to go lose myself in one of the very many new books I just bought.

The fireworks have just started, which I'll be able to see mostly from my deck, so I'm gonna go watch them and try to keep the dogs from freaking out. :)

D

No comments: