Sunday, July 16, 2006

decisions, decisions

Since I had nothing big planned for today, I was going to hang out at home and do a little cleaning. My dogs haven't seen a lot of me the past week so I wanted to make it up to them this weekend. After the yard sale yesterday, I came home and cuddled with them - well, cuddled as much as you can on a 90 degree day. :) Then Donna came over and we were out on the deck until the mosquitos started biting. :) We cooked some portabellas on the grill and had a tasty salad for dinner.

Training for flyball in this heat is just brutal! Pacie did ok - nothing great and Freddie was his normal, consistent self. :)

Right now the air is thick and hard to move in. The sun beating down doesn't help motivate me to do a damn thing. I have a ton of cleaning to do, including laundry, but I really don't feel like doing any of it. I want to fill up the tub with cold water and go float for a bit. :) I wouldn't mind being in the sun or the humidity if I was doing it from a pool. :) Speaking of which, my sister talked to her friend that installs them and he said it's a good time for him to install one. The rush from the spring is dying down since it's late in the season to get one. I would absolutely love to have it installed in time for the BBQ I'm having on the 29th, but I'm not expecting that, just wishing.

So what to do today? I know I won't feel great if I'm a lazy slug and do nothing. But I also know it'll kill me if I do something like mowing the lawn (which desperately needs to be done). I really don't want to spend the rest of the afternoon on the couch with a heat headache 'cuz those suck. Decisions, decisions. I do have a new book to read, but that brings me back to feeling like a slug. So I think I'll take it easy, do some dishes, read a few chapters. Change the sheets, read a few chapters. Do the laundry, watch a show. Get the recycling together, read a few chapters. :)

Sounds like the best plan so far. :)

D

No comments: