Wednesday, July 12, 2006

How'd I get so busy?

I was pretty sure the only thing I had to do yesterday was pick up wrapping paper - which, of course, didn't happen. Think Susan would mind if her baby shower present was wrapped in dump truck wrapping paper? :)

Work was good, although I didn't get a ton accomplished due to my boss coming back from her 2 week vacation and spending a couple of hours catching up. I got a call from the landscaping guy asking if I was able to pick out stones after work. So I met with him and attempted to do that, but traffic was sooooo screwed up it took me an hour to go from one exit to the next on Route 1. Ugh. We bailed as soon as we could and will make plans another day.

I got a call shortly after the landscaper called from the physical therapy place - they had a cancellation and wanted to see if I wanted the 7pm appt. Sure. I figured I would be able to make it from Saugus to Salem, NH in 2 hours - no problem. Wrong. Well, actually, I did, but it took 2 hours and 10 minutes - and a hell of a lot of cursing.

Meanwhile, the fix it place was supposed to come by and pick up my tractor - again - to see why it wouldn't start. I thought I would be here to meet them, but I was stuck in traffic. My friend Mary was here to meet them though, as she came by after her massage (la-dee-da) to pick up her power washer and drop off a few things. Thankfully she also let the kids out for me so I didn't have a huge mess on my hands. :)

So when all was said and done, I didn't get home until 8pm, never made it to the store to pick up wrapping paper for Susan's gift, and wasn't able to hit the supermarket to pick up food for her shower. Since it's tonight, I can see myself spending my lunch hour running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Hopefully I don't have a ton of meetings and I'll be able to do it.

But, I have to shower and jet if I'm to leave work on time to get home on time so I can spend a little bit of time with the kids before heading out to the party. Sheesh. Damn. I forgot I have to stop and get dog food too. Damn.

D

No comments: