Sunday, July 2, 2006

slept in

I got a reprieve for the first time since I started competing in this sport and was able to sleep in a little bit today. Usually we start racing anywhere between 7 and 8 am. Today racing starts at 8am, but our first race of the day isn't for 20 or so races (which equates to 2+ hours). So, I didn't need to get up at 5am, I was able to sleep in until 6:30am. It's the small things in life. :)

Cindy is the judge for this tourney, so we haven't seen a lot of her this weekend. There are a few more out of Region teams this time too - one team traveling up from Michigan, two from New Jersey, and two from Pennsylvania. One of the PA teams is having their annual tournament in 3 weeks, which we will be attending. This will be my first out of region tournament. :) We were talking about getting a team together to head to the 4-day tournament held in Nova Scotia next year. It's been a hope for us for years now but I think we may actually be able to pull it off - provided nobody gets pregnant between now and then!

Freddie did so well yesterday, which I wasn't expecting since we really haven't had much to do with flyball, including practices, in a month or so. He's been doing it for so long now though, he's a champion (literally too!) He has about 2000 points until his next title - Flyball Master Excellent. Right now he's in the top 10 Min Pins in flyball - ranked 9th. :) I never would have thought we could've come this far and I can't wait to see where we end up. :)

Angelica came by with her new baby girl yesterday and spent some time with us. I don't think I ever realized just how frequently they eat at this age - yikes! Renee's husband Chris is going to bring Peyton by today too. Yesterday Bea came by with her little girl to say hello, which caught us all completely off guard - we just weren't expecting to see her. She hasn't been involved in flyball for quite a long time now. It will be very interesting to see if she makes an attempt to come back. I personally hope not, as flyball was not nearly as much fun when she was around.

Freddie is passed out on a dog bed next to me. The poor little guy is tired. :) But, if I even whisper the word flyball, he'll be up and barking at the door before I could say Boo! Maybe I'll take Pacie today; he needs to get more used to the whole scene if he's going to compete eventually. And I feel like I'll have the patience needed for him. ;)

Shower time.


No comments: