Thursday, January 4, 2007

brrr...not.

It's supposed to be 57 degrees today. It's January 4th, I live on the New Hampshire border, and it's supposed to be 57 degrees today. Woohoo! I'm not sure if this is normally when my neighbor is snow blowing me out so I can see the street due to the feet of snow. But it's not normal for it to be this warm. Oh.... wait. It's New England - give it ten minutes and the weather will change.

According to experts, if global warming causes all the ice to melt we'll lose most of California and some of Florida and New York. From my viewpoint, I'm not sure that's such a bad thing if it causes it to be 57 degrees in January! The Californians can move up here. They're liberal, they'll fit right in. :)

My observation for the day? Global warming rocks. ;) Oh yeah, and I look like a troll in the morning. None of that movie star wake up looking perfect stuff for me. No-sir-ee-bob. Full fledged hair askew, eyes lopsided, pillow wrinkle imprints on my cheek troll. Nice visual to start your day, huh? :)

So I picked up the recumbent bike last night. I found it on Craigslist - I'm all about saving cash and don't have a problem with other people's stuff. In fact, I'm intrigued by other people's stuff, which is why I love to go yard sailing. Anyway, I save money and the family gets the space back in their house - good deal. :) It looks brand new, not a scratch on it. Works great. I even got the owner's manual - can't go wrong with that. :) I even think I'll be able to use it after surgery - although my hitler'esque doctor may disagree. Now I just need to get my lazy ass on it. :)

School starts today. I'm actually pretty excited as my next group of classes are all technical and not core academic (like math or english.) Dr. Mary is the professor, which is way cool by me! I've had her before for I-don't-remember-what. I do remember that we got along fabulously so I'm guessing my streak of A's is back. :) I seem to do better in the technical classes - go figure. My time will once again be limited, but that's ok. I'll be doing homework at the flyball tourney this weekend.

Speaking of flyball, I'm not bringing Freddie, but instead am bringing Steffi. I have a call into the vet to see when he's no longer contagious. It just kills me that I'm not running him this weekend! He'll be able to smell it on me when I get back and get all jealous. :( I'm hoping he's not contagious and I'll be able to bring him. Fingers crossed. :)

D

No comments: