Tuesday, August 29, 2006

brrr...

I'm soooo not ready for the end of summer. I'm hoping for a heat wave when Indian Summer (why do we call it that?) kicks in. I'd like to use my pool a few more times before closing it up for the year.

School started for the kids in my surrounding cities today so I left the house earlier than normal to deal with the increase in traffic. My commute is so nice during those summer months and it completely sucks the rest of the time.

I realized today that I have been a home owner for 2 years - I missed my purchasing anniversary on Aug. 14th. Yay for me. :)

Today isn't much of a work day as I have lunch with Sue planned, a meeting after that, and am then leaving early to go to the foot dr. Unfortunately I'll be online after that and probably well into the night to make up for it.

I completed my homework assignment last night and turned it in. I have to admit, I did a kick ass job on it too. :) What I'm puzzled by though, is how this instructor is grading our assignments. I did *such* a shit job on last week's assignment that I was expecting a 10. Instead, I got a 48 out of 50. Trust me, I'm not going to complain, but I strongly feel that I didn't deserve that grade at all. However, I'm not stupid enough to bring that to my instructor's attention. ;)

Supposedly it's going to get nicer as the day goes on. And it's supposed to be fairly nice tomorrow. It will be good to see the sun again!

I think I'll make a stir fry for dinner tonight. I haven't cooked in a while and I miss it eating home cooked meals. First I'll have to go shopping tho'. Of course I'll visit my neighborhood Market Basket where the prices can't be beat and the customer service is reminiscent of old times. :)

September is apparently a busy month. I think most, if not all, of my weekends are already booked up. Actually, I think I'm free this weekend, but the rest are full or nearly full. So nobody plan anything else. :)

Ok, back to work....sigh.

D

No comments: