Monday, August 28, 2006

dreary...and cold!

If there's one thing I dislike immensely, it's being cold. I like my bedroom to be cold because then I can burrow down beneath my down comforter and be nice and warm. And the air doesn't get stuffy, which is the main reason. Other than that, I'm not a big fan of the cold.

It's a gray day - dreary and cold. I think it's supposed to get up to 70 or so, which isn't too bad, but far colder than I prefer. Someday I need to move to a state that is 80-90 most of the time. Someday.

I did exactly what I said I was going to do last night and it was wonderful. :) I got a lot of my Xmas shopping planned out. I'll need to go shopping eventually but first I have to think about to get the tough people, like my Dad - they guy who buys everything he wants when he wants it. I'll find something.

I also ordered some bulbs last night. I had a list of nice-to-haves and when I got a catalog with a $25 off your order coupon, I couldn't resist. I haven't done a whole hell of a lot with my front garden since the flood. So it's about time I got back into the swing of things with it. So I ordered Ice Stick tulips, a variety of Parrot tulips, hardy Gladiolus, Eye of the Tiger Irises, Colour Magic tulips, and some Daffodils. Now I just have to find a place to plant them. I plan on splitting my current Irises in the next couple of weeks. Once I get the other Iris bulbs in, I'll split the bearded ones and alternate the kinds along the back. I'm thinking I'll split the creeping phlox I have in the front as well so I can plant some tulips there. I have a lot of work to do in the garden within the next couple of weeks.

Tonight I'll be concentrating on homework. I have an assignment due tonight, and then I need to work on my XML document for our project. I probably won't get that done tonight - more likely it'll get done tomorrow - but surely by the end of the week.

But, it's time to go make a living. :)

D

No comments: