Tuesday, August 1, 2006

a lot of boxes

I had no idea getting a pool would include having a billion boxes. Ok, not a billion, but way more than I thought! I hadn't really thought of how everything is packaged before I went to pick everything up. There are a billion boxes, but it seems inconceivable that an entire pool is in all of them. Weird.

Anyway, Chris & his parents met me at the pool store with the truck so I could bring everything home. It might've all fit in the minivan if it was empty, but there's a ton of shit in there so that wasn't really possible. They drove the truck straight into the back yard and unloaded everything against the fence so it's not in the way of the workers, but close enough for them to get to it all.

After that I started taking stuff out of the past and future pool area - the fire pit, fire pit tools, dog jumps, wheel barrel, etc., etc. I still need to get the wood out of that area, but I'm hoping there will be a few young strapping guys to help me do that - especially with me all gimpy right now - picking stuff up is not as easy as it used to be.

I started working way earlier than normal this morning since I didn't have to deal with the commute and all. I actually forgot to blog until just now, so I'm taking a little break to fill you in on the time frame. Gary should be dropping off the sand any moment now and Al plus crew should be here within the next 1/2 hr or so. I'm so excited I could scream.

Ok, back to work but I hope to have an update later this afternoon...

D

No comments: