Friday, August 4, 2006

frustrating!

Yesterday was another hellish day at work. It was totally frustrating due to my application blowing up yet again. Everybody was pitching in trying to find out what was going wrong. So it wasn't just my day that was wasted, it was the majority of my groups day as well. After literally working on it all day long (not one other thing got accomplished...), we finally figured it out.

Surprisingly enough, there's absolutely *nothing* wrong with my application. Woohoo! It was a data issue - missing data in an effectively dated, required field. Son of a bitch. :) So, today will be spent meeting with the people that are supposed to enter that data reiterating the importance of it being entered.

On the home front, I brought my water down to the pool place for it to be tested after work. It's nice because they give you this whole sheet on how much of what to add to get it into spec. Cool beans. :) After adding a couple of pounds of chemicals last night, another pound and a half this morning, adding shock and turning on the chlorinator, my levels are right where they are supposed to be.

I was planning on going for a dip when I got home, but it had cooled down by 20+ degrees by the time I got here. That figures. ;) But, I figured it was a good time to get the chemicals in within torturing myself so that's what I did. I have 3 chapters to read for school, so I don't think I'll be using the big new pool after work. This weekend however, I'll be floating away I believe.

I did talk to Joe yesterday and he's going to see if he can come up on Saturday. I think that's when my b-i-l will also be coming up to start the deck so hopefully they won't be in each other's way. Of course, now that I've said that, neither of them will show up! ;)

Time to check school stuff and then head out to work...

D

No comments: