Monday, March 3, 2008

Fear...

People send out tons of surveys via MySpace. Sometimes, if I'm bored, I do them but they're all like "What's your favorite car?" kind of questions.

I thought this one was different, interesting even. I thought it took a pretty secure or brave person to post this with absolutely true answers... that's like giving someone the key to your psyche in a way.

So I figured I'd be brave and answer it 100% honestly. I'll even comment on why I'm afraid of those things.

I Fear…

[ ] black people
[ ] the dark
[X] staying single forever (Duh. I like companionship, touching, etc. I would like someone to grow old with.)
[X] being a parent (What a responsibility. I'd be sure to fuck up the poor kid - totally unintentionally of course.)
[X] giving birth (Seriously. Does this need to be explained?)
[ ] being myself in front of others
[ ] open spaces
[ ] closed spaces
[ ] heights
[ ] dogs
[ ] birds
[ ] fish
[X] spiders (Little bastards. This doesn't need an explanation either. I know it's irrational. Shoot me.)
[ ] flowers or other plants

Total so far:4



[ ]being touched
[ ] fire
[ ] deep water
[ ] snakes
[ ] silk
[ ] the ocean
[X] failure (Classic getting up in front of class naked bad dream syndrome. But these lessons are usually the best!!)
[X] success (I wouldn't want to live under a microscope without an iota of privacy.)
[ ] thunder/lightning
[ ] frogs/toads
[ ] my boyfriends/girlfriends dad
[ ] my boyfriends/girlfriends mom
[ ] rats
[ ]jumping from high places
[ ] snow

Total so far:6

[ ] rain
[ ] wind
[ ] crossing hanging bridges
[ ] death
[ ] heaven
[X] being robbed/mugged (Isn't this kinda normal? I don't obsess about it but I certainly don't want it to happen...)
[ ] falling
[ ] clowns
[ ] dolls
[ ] large crowds of people
[ ] men
[ ] women
[X] having great responsibilities (I really need to just take care of myself and mine - a limited number. No presidency for me.)
[ ] doctors, including dentists
[ ] tornadoes

Total so far:8

[ ] hurricanes (Aunty Em, Aunty Em!)
[ ] incurable diseases
[ ] sharks
[ ] Friday the 13th
[ ] ghosts
[ ] poverty
[ ] Halloween
[ ] school
[ ] trains
[ ] odd numbers
[ ] even numbers
[ ] being alone (I'm assuming this is alone in the stay-at-home-alone-sense.)
[X] becoming blind (I'd hate to lose any of my senses. I know I'd be pissed in the beginning, I'd have a pity party, then I'd adapt. I'd still miss that sense and the independence it gave me. Same with the one below.)
[X] becoming deaf
[ ] growing up, old

Total so far:10

[X] creepy noises in the night (I'll admit to this one. I *hate* it when the house settles in a way I'm not used to.)
[X] bee stings (Bug-o-phobia. 'Nuff said.)
[X] needles (Does anyone truly like getting stuck with a needle? I do it but I can't watch it go in - unless it's on someone else.)
[ ] blood
[ ] dinosaurs (Only if they're chasing me and it's snack time...)
[ ] the welcome mat
[ ] high speed
[ ] throwing up
[ ] falling in love

Final Total: 13

(The normal crap that determines how you did on these things, none of that is my opinion.)

If you get more than 30, I strongly recommend some counseling.

If you get more than 20, you’re paranoid.

If you get 10-20, you are normal.

If you get 10 or less, you’re fearless.

People who don’t have any are full of shit. ( I do agree with this one.)

Ok, so according to some obscure MySpace fear assessment, I'm normal. Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

That just goes to show you, don't believe everything you read. :p

D

No comments: