Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tomorrow is tattoo day!

I'm still pretty damn excited about it, if you couldn't tell....

Planning is in full force for dog Camp this year. In case you aren't aware, I drive down to New Jersey every Memorial Day weekend and teach classes at Camp Barking Hills. It is *always* a blast and I *love* going.

Some classes I teach are the same - I always teach flyball, I always teach a tricks class, etc., etc. But every year we try to come up with something new so the people that have attended before have new and exciting things to go to.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but this is what I'm teaching this year: Shaping, Flyball, Tricks, Improving Clicker Skills, Intro to Disc Dog, Dog Day of Beauty (you'd be *amazed* at how many people don't know how to cut or dremel their dogs nails - it's mind boggling), Dealing with Fears & Phobias, Building Drive, and one or two others.

I found out there is someone from Mass heading down this year. That's pretty cool! I hope they have a kick-ass time, tell all their friends and come back next year! Actually, it's kind of hard not to. If you have a dog, you should come to.

Going back to the tattoo, as I'm sure you can imagine, I've been telling everyone I know and anyone that will listen that I'm getting it done. In those discussions, I was asked if I was masochistic and I'm really not sure I have an answer to that one.

I think tattoos are incredibly fascinating and beautiful. I don't know why it's acceptable to accent every other part of our life with color, but not our skin. (I will admit that they are more acceptable as time goes on.) For me, there is a line where it goes from beautiful and expressive to too much. If you can't clearly see what's going on, I think it's too much. At the same time, I have many friends that are completely sleeved and I love all of the tattoos they have. It's a personal preference thing.

So now I have to ponder whether or not I am masochistic because I'm getting expressive artwork on my body and it hurts to do so. (The pain isn't bad at all, it's more annoying than anything else.) I'm leaning towards the "No" side of the house there as I don't often go looking for pain. A little hair pulling is ok... haha, just kidding. Can you be masochistic in one thing? So, I am masochistic when it comes to tattooing but I'm not for everything else (except flyball)? I don't know if that's an acceptable answer, but that's what I'm going with.

Sometimes, I am; mostly, I'm not. Final answer.

D

No comments: