Sunday, March 30, 2008

A new stage in my life...

I guess I should get used to people looking at me as a freak. The people that know me won't, although they'll have an opinion or two on the tattoo.

People that don't know me? Well, I think I've hurt my ability to be taken seriously while wearing a sleeveless shirt.

I knew that going into it and I'm ok with it. It's just an observation based on the looks I got yesterday.

There are times when I like being an oxymoron. I don't think you should judge a book by its cover and if I can twist even one person's mind into thinking about something before jumping to a conclusion, my job is done.

Over the next couple of months I will keep track of the reactions I get, what people say, and what I think is going behind the wide-eyed expressions. It will be interesting to see if there's a trend of discrimination or if it's situational.

Why I think of this stuff first thing in the morning I'll never know.

D

No comments: