Saturday, March 1, 2008

Long but good...

... that was today. I got there a little before 8am and got home a little before 8pm. I don't know why, but it seems like the stupidly long days only happen at All Dogs. Racing was good and clean for the most part, which is all you can really ask for. We had some tight races (where the 2 teams finish very close to the same time - only hundreds or thousandths of a second difference), which are always great to watch and are even better to be a part of.

Freddie was a trooper; solid like always. Tweak got some tugging next to the lanes in - focused and on the tug like a fiend (thankfully not making me bleed today... there's always tomorrow.) We played some frisbee outside later in the day. I really want her to be totally focused on me when it comes to frisbee (even more so than flyball) because she's always off leash and outside with frisbee. I need to make sure that she doesn't find any person, dog, or thing more interesting than me.

Racing starts at 7:30am tomorrow so I need to go to bed *real* early tonight - especially since we're the first race of the day. Hopefully tomorrow won't be another 12 hour day, but if it is, I'll have beer to help me deal with it. Good beer usually makes crappy situations tolerable. :)

The TV is on in the background while I type this. I'm kinda watching The Baby Mammoth on Discovery. I'm fascinated by just about every show they have. Even stuff I have beyond no interest in becomes something I *must* watch when it's on the Discovery channel. It's like crack for your eyes or something. The good part is that it's all informative and I learn a thing or two from each show. I just got a season pass for a show called the Human Body: Pushing the limits. I bet I'll learn a thing or two from that as well.

One thing I have to say about this stuff is that while it seems absolutely unbelievable that Jurassic Park can become a reality, I really hope someone, somewhere is saying "Whoa, hold on a sec." I love the idea that technology can make it possible and it would be surreal to see a dinosaur roaming around, I really don't want to be eaten by one. The past is the past for a reason. Let's study it. Let's learn from it. Let's even fantasize about what it would be like. But let's not recreate it. Seriously. If a dinosaur of any type eats one of my dogs, I'm gonna be pissed and I'm gonna shoot it. I'm just sayin'.

Ok, time for bed. I need to get up at half past stupid tomorrow.

D

No comments: