Friday, March 28, 2008

High on Life...

Who needs drugs when you can be totally high on life?

I need to make a small correction on one of last week's posts. I erroneously reported that Susan said I was a snob. She did not say I was a snob, she said I was arrogant. Two totally different things. I will, however, agree slightly more on the arrogant statement.

There I am, right upstairs in the Blue Room and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Seriously, not even the snow can bring me down today. It looks like there are cotton balls falling from the sky the flakes are so big. Honestly, I'm not even exaggerating in the least bit.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon I came up with a solution that fixes multiple issues we have with a security model. Other people have been working on this problem for the last two years and we haven't made any progress on it. So I think it's kinda understandable that I'm patting myself on the back for solving a 2 year old problem that no one else did.

I was in a good mood when I left work yesterday - first time in a really, really long time. That's carried over into today.

It's tattoo day. Another reason for me to be bouncing-off-the-walls deliriously happy.

Then, I had a conversation with a friend in another department this morning. I've been talking to them about potentially doing some work for them sometime this spring. Working for a government contractor is a little different in that you have to wait for just about everything. Right now we're waiting for a few projects to come in before I can softshell over to them part-time. That's actually the bad news of the conversation.

The good news of the conversation was his declaration that they want me on their team and are doing everything they can to make that happen. I've wanted to be on their team for a while, but I had no idea they liked my energy and wanted me just as badly. Sweet! He was surprised I didn't know how much I was wanted.

Seriously, I'm buying a freakin' lottery ticket today because I'm really not sure what could bring me down right now.

D

No comments: