Sunday, March 16, 2008

Yarblek the jailer

I called my sister to see if she was going to come and help me today. Normally I don't like accepting help but there are times when it sounds like a good idea. Typically, if I think it's a good idea, it's beyond necessary.

Anyway, I told her I wanted to hit the supermarket and stop at Home Depot so I could look at the different kinds of rope they have. She says No.

Huh? I just need to run in and see what kind of rope they have.

She says she's putting her foot down on this one. That I'm too sick and shouldn't be out. She will not bring me anywhere.

Are you kidding me?

Nope. She's not kidding. Not even a little bit.

I have no idea how to tell her what I need. I don't know the gauges of the rope, what thickness, nothing.

I tried arguing with her but it didn't work. I told her I'd look online and let her know what I needed.

She told me not to leave the house. That I'm too sick I can't handle it.

Heh. Ok, Yarblek the jailer.

Well of course that's exactly what I went and did. I ran to Home Depot to look at what they had, what I thought would work. I found the tubing I needed to make the handles. At that point, I said screw it. I just bought everything I found rather than try and explain it to her.

Thankfully she didn't ask me ab0ut it when she called back but boy is she gonna be pissed when she reads this on Monday.

The sucky part?

She was right. I'm too sick to be out.

Remember yesterday's lesson about bending over? Yeah, still a really bad idea. Doing it in a public place? *Worse* idea.

So Cal, laugh all you want. You were right.

D


p.s. You can stop laughing now...

No comments: