Monday, March 3, 2008

impulsive

Impulsive

1.actuated or swayed by emotional or involuntary impulses: an impulsive child.
2.having the power or effect of impelling; characterized by impulsion: impulsive forces.
3.inciting to action: the impulsive effects of a revolutionary idea.
4.Mechanics. (of forces) acting momentarily; not continuous.

impulsive. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Retrieved March 03, 2008, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/impulsive

I've always kind of known this; I've determined that I am an impulsive kind of person.

But at the same time, I'm not. I like plans, I like having stuff down on the calendar, I like to know in advance what's going on. Not all the time, just sometimes.

That "well, yes and no, sometimes not all the time, it depends" kind of attitude or mentality is very typical of me in just about everything I do, feel, see, and say.

Rather than attribute it to ADHD or not being able to make up my mind, I'd like to think it's because I strive for a sense of balance in life. I like balance. Balance is good.

Emotionally, I'm all over the map. I can get so pissed you don't want to be near me, then be so happy you can't help but be happy with me. Whatever I feel, you see - that's just the way it goes. I can't hide it nor do I want to. It's all a part of the "What you see is what you get" thing I have going on.

I'm figuring out as I go along that it's a difficult thing to explain thoroughly....

Maybe I'll think on it more during the day and blog the results later.

Right now there's this cute Border Collie that's lying on the other side of the couch and she looks like she needs a hug. :)

D

No comments: