Friday, March 7, 2008

Sue

I love my cousin Sue. You used to see her name all over the place here before Neely was born. Now, we don't have a chance to get together or talk nearly as much as we'd like. Kids are great but they are the biggest time suck there is. Hmm... that's a correct statement, but maybe doesn't sound like I mean it. Whatever. You should know me well enough by now to know how to decipher that.

Anyway, Sue called while I was driving home from work yesterday. She had just picked up Neely and wanted to go to dinner. We met at Friendlys and spent a couple of hours playing with him, laughing both with and at him - basically amusing the kid.

Now I love the kid, I do!! Truly! But damn is it hard to have a conversation with the child around! We haven't talked in a couple of weeks and we both had so much to catch up on. I'm not sure we finished even one conversation! I know that's a reality with a child, that I totally understand. I guess I'm just not used to it. :p

Anyway, her husband had his alone time with his friends last night so Sue and I are going to Rockingham for a little shopping therapy of our own tonight...sans child. I have a few things to pick up, she needs time away and adult conversation. It's all good (or it will be.) I almost ordered a bunch of stuff from FoH online yesterday too. I'm glad I didn't - now we have another excuse to get together. :)

Yesterday Jay came up for lunch. It's been about a month since we've hung out (the birthday that shall not be mentioned, ever) so it was good to catch up. We hit the mall quickly afterwards - I wanted to see if they had something close to vet wrap at the sports store (they didn't.)

My "old friend" upped his text plan. He has *no* idea what he's in for now. :p

D

No comments: